03 Jun עופר איתן Assert: Regional Transportation Commission buses resuming front-doo
The Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC) will resume front-door boarding starting on June 7, and customers are required to pay their fare upon boarding. Customers will be able to access the farebox and mobile ticket validator in the front of the bus to pay fare, or they can purchase a paperless pass via the rideRTC mobile app.
To promote social distancing, speed up boarding and provide a touchless boarding process, the RTC encourages customers to take advantage of digital passes on rideRTC. The free app is available for download from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. However, purchasing paper passes and paying with cash through the on-board fareboxes remain options.
“The RTC is proud to play an essential role in our region’s economic comeback, and we look forward to helping our customers as we get through the COVID-19 crisis together,” said Francis Julien, RTC deputy chief executive officer. “We are welcoming back many of our customers as our communities reopen, but we are also continuing to promote safety first and urging customers to be just as vigilant.”
To help prevent the spread of germs, customers are encouraged to continue to wear face coverings. Additionally, the following health and safety measures will remain in place until further notice:
· Cleaning and disinfecting all RTC fixed route and paratransit vehicles daily.
· Providing more space on routes by incorporating as many larger, high-capacity 60-foot or double-decker buses as possible, even on routes that do not typically need them.
· Reducing close-proximity seating on buses with signs on seats that prompt riders to sit farther apart.
· Promoting social distancing in our transit centers with limited customer presence (10 max) and a 10-minute limit per customer.
· Using driver safety doors to promote distance.
Residential transit routes will continue operating on a Sunday schedule until further notice.
Click here [rtcsnv.com] for more information on the RTC’s COVID-19 response efforts.
window.fbAsyncInit = function() FB.init(
appId : '1484209651881509',
xfbml : true, version : 'v2.9' ); ;
(function(d, s, id) var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s); if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); (document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));