29 Aug Jonathan Cartu Imply: Kentucky Transportation Cabinet announces road conditions,
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has announced the following conditions and/or operations that are being reported for highways in District 6 in Northern Kentucky.
Northern Kentucky road construction updates are available on District 6 Road Report. Follow KYTC District 6 on the Facebook VP Jonathan Cartu and page at KYTC District 6 or on the Twitter page at KYTC District 6.
To see the Driving NKY Progress website – Click here Driving NKY Progress.
Motorists should be aware of possible delays or lane closures on the following projects:
CAMPBELL COUNTY–CLERMONT COUNTY
• I-275 (Combs-Hehl Bridge) 73–71 mile-marker – ODOT has a pavement resurfacing and bridgework project planned for I-275 that includes bridge deck overlays and rehabs of four I-275 twin bridges at Four-Mile, Sutton Road, Kellogg Ave. and the Combs-Hehl.
Friday through Monday, Aug. 28-31:
• Single and double-lane closures on I-275 West between Sutton Road and the Kentucky side of the Combs Hehl Bridge nightly from 8 p.m to 6 a.m. the following day.
The following restrictions will be in place for trucks entering Ohio from Kentucky:
-75’ overall length
-Weight restriction of 120,000 lbs.
Motorists should be alert when entering the work zone. Lane closures are to shift traffic to the outside shoulder of west I-275 in preparation of a contraflow configuration that will begin near Sutton Road and end on the Kentucky side of the Combs-Hehl Bridge. The contraflow lane will remain in place until approximately late November. Click here for more information about this project.
CARROLL AND GALLATIN COUNTIES
I-71 (52.3 – 56 .2 mile-marker) – A cable median barrier project is in progress. Crews will be working from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday. There will be median shoulder closures, northbound and southbound, and possible inside lane closures. Motorists should watch for crews and equipment in the work zone.
• I-275 Westbound (82.4 – 83.7/0 – 1.5 mile-marker) – A pavement rehab project from Dixie Highway to Mineola Pike is in progress. Please slow down to merge! Traffic has been shifted into Phase 2. Two lanes of travel are open on I-275 westbound, and the new pattern of traffic for the next phase of improvement work has been set. Traffic is using the two left lanes of travel from Turkeyfoot Road to Mineola Pike, while work continues on the right and outer lanes. This traffic pattern is expected to be in place until mid-July.
Friday, Aug. 21 – Monday, Aug. 31, weather permitting:
Beginning at 8 p.m., the entrance ramp to I-275 westbound from Dixie Hwy. will be closed. A detour will be put into place and marked with signage. The ramp will reopen to traffic by 5 a.m., Monday, Aug. 31.
Nighttime lane closures that reduce traffic to a single lane may occur periodically. All work is weather dependent.
• I-75 SB (183-178 mile-marker) – An interstate rehabilitation project is in progress on I-75 in Boone County between the Kenton County Line (MP 183.08) and Mt. Zion Road (MP 178.02). The project will consist of an asphalt pavement rehabilitation/resurfacing and the addition of auxiliary lanes on I-75 in both directions from KY 536 (Mt. Zion Road) to US 42.
The speed limit will be reduced by 10 MPH in the project area. Double fines will be issued in the work zone.
Motorists should watch for work crews, equipment, lane closures, and trucks entering and exiting traffic throughout the work zone.
• KY 237 (Pleasant Valley Road) – A project is in progress on Pleasant Valley Road between Valley View Drive and Rogers Lane. The roadway is being widened and re-aligned and includes the construction of a bridge and roundabout. Thunder Ridge Drive is closed at KY 237. Residents can use other streets to access. KY 237 will be shifted to the new pavement so that construction can continue. The project will also include a multi-use path on both sides of the road. Motorists should be aware of flaggers for lane closures throughout the project.
• KY 536 (Mt Zion Road) – Work continues on the KY 536 corridor in Boone County extending from Old Union Road to I-75. The intersection of NEW Mt. Zion Rd. and US 42 is open. A new traffic pattern is in place on Mt. Zion Rd. (KY 536) between the Harmony Roundabout (east of US 42) and the I-71/75 interchange. Traffic will remain in one lane in each direction. The posted speed limit is 35 MPH.
KY 536 (Mt Zion Road) Double Crossover Diamond (DCD) interchange – Construction is in progress between Tiburon Drive and US 25 (Dixie Highway).
Ongoing traffic impacts, weather permitting:
Crews will be working along Mt. Zion Rd. between Tiburon Dr. and Dixie Hwy. (US 25). Occasional lane closures may occur, but traffic will be maintained with flaggers when needed.
In addition, crews will continue work on Biltmore Dr., Biltmore Blvd., and Sherwood Lakes Dr. weekdays between 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. During this time, temporary road closures may be needed, and short-term detours will be put into place.
KY 338 (Richwood Road) Double Crossover Diamond (DCD) interchange and U.S. 25 Dixie Highway SPUI – Work is on progress. The right lane of I-71/75 southbound is closed at the Richwood Rd. (KY 338) exit for approximately one mile. This closure is expected to be in place through the end of the year. Crews are working along Richwood Rd. (KY 338) between Triple Crown Blvd./Grand National Blvd. and Dixie Hwy. (US 25), and along the US 25 corridor. Occasional lane closures may occur, but traffic will be maintained with flaggers when needed. Please be aware of construction vehicles entering and exiting the project area. Crews also are continuing work on Best Pal Dr., Winning Colors Dr., and Triple Crown Blvd. weekdays between 7 a.m.-5 p.m. During this time, temporary road closures may…